Truckers, the IRS Tax Form 2290 and Schedule 1 are now due for the Tax Year that started in July 2021 through June 2022. August 31, 2021 is the due date, choose electronic filing to report and pay the Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Taxes with the IRS. TaxExcise.com bring you the best service, our support agents are working round the clock to guide you through your 2290 reporting process. Act fast and you just have couple of weeks to have this done.
Form 2290 and Schedule 1 Proof Receipt:
Anyone who has registered or is required to register a heavy highway motor vehicle with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more in their name at the time of first use on the public highways during the reporting period must file Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return.
The taxes are reported and paid directly with the IRS, and you have use any of the efile providers to report it online with the IRS. Walking in to a local office to make payment has many restrictions due to pandemic and limited resourcing of the IRS.
- For vehicles you first use on a public highway in July, file Form 2290 between July 1 and August 31.
- The tax for the current filing season will be prorated for vehicles you first use on a public highway after July. File Form 2290 by the last day of the month following the month in which you first used the vehicle on a public highway.
- The filing deadline is not tied to the vehicle registration date. Regardless of the vehicle’s registration renewal date, taxpayers must file Form 2290 by the last day of the month following the month in which the taxpayer first used the vehicle on a public highway during the taxable period.
You must e-file your Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return, if you are filing for 25 or more vehicles. However, we encourage e-filing for anyone required to file Form 2290 who wants to receive quick delivery of their watermarked Schedule 1. With e-file, you’ll receive it almost immediately after we accept your e-filed Form 2290.
Form 2290 e-Filing Readiness
Getting started with electronic filing is easy, you need your business name, EIN#, Vehicles Taxable Gross Weight and your credit card to make the service fee.
New to efile 2290 taxes at TaxExcise, then create a user account by filling in the registration form for free. No upfront fee charged here or any hidden fee charged, all you pay is what you see and we our self bear the transaction fee laid by the merchant service provider.
- Employer identification number. You cannot use your Social Security number. If you don’t already have an EIN, apply now; it will take us about four weeks to establish your new EIN in our systems. Make a not of your Name Control and add it in the business details page for quick process of your 2290 tax returns.
- Business Name – use the same name on your Form 2290 as was assigned to you with your EIN. Your name control on Form 2290 must match your EIN. you can not use your DBA name on a tax return.
- Vehicle Identification Number of each vehicle.
- Taxable gross weight of each vehicle. Use the Tax Computation table on page two of Form 2290 to calculate your tax based on each vehicle’s taxable gross weight.
- Credit card (VISA, Master, American Express and Discovery) that we support for the service fee, starts as low as $29.99.
For this $29.99 you get free phone support, chat support and email support; free records keeping, any assistance that you need with your 2290 taxes.
Form 2290 Payments
Truckers must pay the 2290 taxes in full for the tax period in advance through any of the following approved payment methods. TaxExcise.com supports all the four methods supported by the IRS for Form 2290 tax Payments.
- Pay your taxes by credit card or debit card; You can pay by internet, phone, or mobile device whether you e-file or mail your return. However the IRS applies a limitations that this can be used only twice (2 times) in a tax period.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (EFW); authorize a direct debit as part of the e-file process. We recommend to choose this as your preferred method allowing the IRS to debit your back electronically and automatically.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System; requires advanced enrollment, allow 5-7 business days for new accounts. Through EFTPS you can use the allowed online transfer and card payments but as states pre-enrollment is required and need to be planned well in advance.
- Check or money order using Form 2290-V, Payment Voucher. Mail to the below address.
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 932500
Louisville, KY 40293-2500
Choose EFW or the other possible electronic payment options to tract and follow your payments, records keeping is easy. The IRS would ask for the records minimum of 3 years while auditing your business.
Form 2290 eFiling
Electronic filing for the federal heavy highway vehicles is easy, simple and fast. no other source of filing can get you the Schedule 1 copies as fast as we deliver, we know how these Schedule 1 Proof of Payments are essential for a trucker to have your vehicle registered or renewed with the Federal Agencies.
TaxExcise.com can keep you informed of your return status by a TEXT Alert and a FAX copy is sent across when it is made available by the IRS. Electronic filing is easy recording keeping, moving toward digital and technology, also keeps your tax stress away. Electronic filing is three time faster at TaxExcise.com, in case of IRS rejections we shall guide you to fix it up and submit it to receive the watermarked Schedule 1 proof.
means accurate filing and pay your taxes right, claim your refunds that you owe back adjusted against the taxes if any. Easy way to pay the tax dues with the IRS, choose direct debit from the bank account for smooth and fast process.
Form 2290 Mobile Apps to eFile
Truck tax is now smart and easy with Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Handy apps can help you report and pay the 2290 Truck Taxes with the IRS securely in just minutes. You can also get access to all your tax records and print your watermarked Schedule 1 “Proof of Payment” instantly. You also treat yourself a 10% Flat Off when you efile through our mobile apps, apply code ANDROID2290 and IOS2290 respectively on the apps to avail the 10% flat off on your efile fee. Form 2290 eFile at TaxExcise is rewarding and refreshing.
Android Tax2290 Mobile App
iOS Tax2290 Mobile App
Form 2290 Support Desk
Our support agents are the most experienced in the Heavy Vehicle Tax reporting process and handled and reporting millions of trucks since 2007. We’re also the most Trusted and preferred electronic filing service provider for Owner Operators, Small and Medium Size Trucking Companies, Private Carriers and Truckers. The first ever IRS authorized efiling service provider and in fact the only website that supports efile for all the Federal Excise Tax Forms at one place.
Talk to us at (866) 245 – 3918 between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM central time on 7 days a week, Monday through Sunday. Connect with our live agents through our LIVE Chat support and email support.
Processing Delays for Paper Forms 2290, and Expedite Requests for Copies of Schedule 1
Due to the pandemic, the IRS experienced delays in processing paper federal Excise tax forms, including Form 2290 and faxed Schedule 1 expedite requests. Although the backlog of returns has been reduced, they are still working as quickly as possible to resolve the remaining inventory. The IRS for future filings encourage taxpayers to consider the ease, convenience and speed of electronically filing Forms 720, 2290 and 8849.
Choose electronic filing is Stress Free, you can just answer simple interview questions to have your return completed in minutes, when it i submitted with the IRS, it hardly takes 5 minutes to receive the Schedule 1 copy to your inbox, when you delay till the due date then the IRS would take some time to process your 2290s because of the last minute filers and virtual traffic. Be sure that you choose efile and report it earlier to avoid last minute rush.