Purpose of Form:
Form 720 and attachments can be used to report liability by IRS No. and pay the excise taxes listed on the form;
List of few excise taxes reported on Form 720 are:
- Environmental Taxes – Oil Spill Tax, Ozone-Depleting Chemicals, etc.
- Communications and Air Transportation Taxes
- Fuel Taxes – Kerosene, Diesel Fuel, Gasoline, Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), etc.
- Retail Tax – Truck, trailer, and semitrailer chassis and bodies
- Ship Passenger Tax – Transportation by Water
- Foreign Insurance Taxes
- Manufacturers Taxes – Coal, Tire, Vaccine
- Part II taxes.
Who Must File “You must file Form 720 if”
- You were liable for, or responsible for collecting, any of the federal excise taxes listed in Parts I and II of Form 720 for a prior quarter and you have not filed a final return; or
- You are liable for, or responsible for collecting, any of the federal excise taxes listed in Parts I and II of Form 720 for the current quarter.
When To File
You must file a return for each quarter of the calendar year as follows:
|Quarter Covered||Due by|
|Jan., Feb., Mar.||April 30|
|Apr., May, June||July 31|
|July, Aug., Sept.||October 31|
|Oct., Nov., Dec.||January 31|
If any due date for filing a return falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, you may file the return on the next business day.
Where To File?
Form 720 can now be reported electronically to IRS through www.TaxExcise.com
- Simple and Easy to use website.
- Get instant acceptances from IRS using our E-file Services.
- Relentless help along the way by Phone and E-mail.
- Support for Forms 720 and Schedules.
- Claim credits using Schedule C.
- Instant “TEXT Alert” on return status
- No upfront fee. “Try for Free” and pay only when you print or e-file
Try using our service at www.TaxExcise.com and start reporting your Quarterly Federal Excise Taxes to IRS electronically. Try reaching us at our help desk 1-866-245-3918 or by email support@TaxExcise.com