Welcome back to our blog filers. We hope and wish you are pink of health. Today, we are going to talk about the Form 8849, an application for claims and refunds of Excise Tax. As each schedule holds upon its own value and significance, we would divide the blog into two parts and discuss each schedule in detail for better understanding.
Before any delay, we are hitting the topic.
What is Form 8849?
Form 8849 is an application to claim a refund on excise taxes reported to IRS. The form is divided into various schedules for different claims that includes schedule 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8.
An ultimate purchaser of gasoline, aviation gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene (other than kerosene used in aviation), kerosene used in commercial aviation, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) can file schedule 1 to claim a refund.
- Fuel used for nontaxable purpose only can file the claim.
- Only one claim per quarter is allowed.
- The minimum amount for filing a claim should be at least $750.
Click here to know more about Schedule 1.
Registered vendors for undyed diesel fuel, undyed kerosene, and kerosene sold for use in aviation, gasoline or aviation gasoline can file Form8849 Schedule 2 for refund. A Registered Ultimate Vendors should mention the registration number while filing schedule 2.
- The claim must be filed for the above-mentioned fuel sold during a period that is at least 1 week.
- The amount of the claim must be at least $200 and for some fuel, $100 is the maximum amount.
Read the Instructions for better understanding.
This schedule supports Credits on Certain Fuel Mixtures and the Alternative Fuel Credit.
- Claimant registration with IRS is a must.
- The claim should be for alternative fuel sold or used during a period that is at least 1 week.
- The amount of claim should be at least $200 unless the claim is filed electronically.
Check through here for better understanding.
E-File 8849 Using TaxExcise.com
Taxexcise.com, a product of ThinkTrade Inc. is one of the most authentic and authorized efilng service provider in the books of IRS. We believe in customer satisfaction and have always indulged in serving the best and the finest experience to claim a refund through various schedules.
Our application is developed in a manner to rundown the confusing processes and untangle them with our unique features, serving you with finesse.
Join hands with TaxExcise.com for betterment. Get in touch with our tax experts @ 1-866-245-3918 or simply shoot an email to email@example.com.