TaxExcise.com the #1 IRS e-file service provider for the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax Form 2290, is the best way to report taxes on the heavy trucks. We support truck owners, owner operators, business owners and tax practitioners to e-file IRS Form 2290. Now we have extended the support to Accountants/Book keepers to use TaxExcise to report Truck taxes. TaxExcise is the first application to introduce e-filing for all Excise Tax forms [2290, 8849 & 720], TEXT Alert, Schedule 1 copy by FAX service, Full Service, Seasonal Pricing, Bundle Offer, Refer a Friend, Bulk Upload, Import from previous years return, e-file for 2290 amendments, e-file VIN correction, e-file for Sold/Transferred credits now has enhanced to support book keepers.
Are you a Bookkeeper/Accountant, will be filing Heavy Vehicle Use Tax returns for your clients in bulk. We have a specialized package to support you through for an easy and hassle free e-filing experience.
We are the first IRS certified efile service provider for Highway Motor Truck Tax Form 2290; we rated #1 by tax payers. We also support e-filing 2290 Amendment returns, VIN correction, Sold/Transferred/Destroyed Vehicle Credits along with Low Mileage and Increased in Gross Weight reporting.
Electronic filing is required for each return reporting 25 or more vehicles that the taxpayer files during the tax period. However, all taxpayers are encouraged to file electronically.
Getting Started with Tax 2290:
Now you are done with the registration, add your client businesses one by one, even bulk upload is available.
Getting started with reporting 2290 return:To complete IRS Form 2290, have the following information available.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN). You must have an EIN to file Form 2290. You cannot use Social Security Number to report 2290 online.
If your client does not have an EIN, apply for one online at www.irs.gov/businesses/small and click on the “Employer ID Numbers” (EINs) link. You may also apply for an EIN by calling 1-800-829-4933, or you can fax or mail Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, to the IRS.
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of each vehicle. Each vehicle is identified with an Identification number. Need to fill in the VIN while filing 2290 returns.
The VIN of a vehicle can be obtained from the registration, title, or actual vehicle. Generally, the VIN is 17 characters made up of numbers and letters. Be sure to use the VIN for the vehicle and not from the trailer.
- The taxable gross weight of each vehicle to determine its category. The taxable gross weight of a vehicle (other than a bus) is the total of:
- The actual unloaded weight of the vehicle fully equipped for service,
- The actual unloaded weight of any trailers or semitrailers fully equipped for service customarily used in combination with the vehicle, and
- The weight of the maximum load customarily carried on the vehicle and on any trailers or semitrailers customarily used in combination with the vehicle.
How To Pay The Tax
There are three methods to pay the tax with IRS.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) if filing electronically. If you are filing Form 2290 electronically, you can authorize a direct debit to make your payment.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), Using EFTPS is voluntary, but you must enroll in EFTPS before you can use it. To get more information or to enroll in EFTPS, visit the EFTPS website at www.eftps.gov or call 1-800-555-4477.
- Check or money order using the payment voucher.
If Form 2290 is filed electronically, a copy of Schedule 1 with an IRS watermark will be sent to Tax2290.com. We will forward you a copy by email. If required you have the option of receiving the Schedule 1 copy by FAX.
You can call our Help Desk 1-866-245-3918 [Tool Free] for any further support you may required, we will be happy to support you through, write to us at email@example.com