Tax2290.com provides adequate information to Registered Tax Return Preparers on e-filing and now for those who are looking out to register or renew their PTINs. The PTIN renewal and registration for 2013 is now available. It’s time for CPA’s to register or renew their PTIN that can be used on U.S Federal Tax Returns or refund Claims to IRS. The Registered Tax Return Preparer (RTRP) should be a registered user of IRS to serve as Certified Public Accountant. If you are already a tax return Preparer looking out for updating your PTIN account can follow the steps here.
- Sign in to your IRS Tax Professional PTIN System account.
- Select “Manage PTIN Account Information” which helps you to update your mailing address, phone number, business details, CAF, EIN and EFIN details.
- Select “View or Edit Account Login Information” to update your E-mail addresses.
- You can add your updated credentials when you renew your PTIN or call the IRS Tax Professional Info Line
- Submit a written request with a notarized copy of any of your identity certificates to change your name and mail it to IRS.
If you are not a RTRP yet and if you wish to start up now, refer the overview here. Initially you have to begin applying for your PTIN account; you must have the following stats.
- Social security number(SSN)
- Personal and business information (Including your name, mailing address, D.O.B, Telephone number)
- Individual tax return status of prior year
- Credit card or debit card for paying your user fee.
- You may be asked to explain the felony convictions if any.
If applicable, you should also have
- Your supervisor’s PTIN
- Any U.S based professional certification with its number, Jurisdiction of Insurance and expiration date.
Once you are ready with the above data, create your account providing your name, address, security question Etc., Where you will be mailed with the temporary password which you have to change when you enter it in PTIN application. When you complete the online application, you will be asked for the payment of user fee through your debit card or credit card. After the confirmation get started using your PTIN which is provided online. You will also receive a welcome letter and information about further process. Renew or sign up for your account and enjoy E-filing HVUT returns for your trucking clients through Tax2290.com, your E-filing partner.